So I saw my Doctor today and after he got over his irritation at his partners in his office (he thinks I should have been seen immediately after my bleeding episode) he did an ultrasound and we discovered that I have placenta previa. This is a complicated thing to have because it can go away and be nothing, stay and mean only c-section (no other complications) or it can cause any number of horrible outcomes that I don't really want to go into. It means that the placenta is covering the cervix. I haven't done a ton of research yet as to data on how many women experience it and what the outcomes are. I have another ultrasound scheduled on the 8th of June to find out the sex of the baby and I'm hoping that the placenta has somehow moved by then. The only thing I can do now is relax, do no strenuous activity, and if the bleeding starts again it's back to the couch.
I also need to say that the baby looks fabulous! He/she was sucking it's thumb like crazy, kicking it's feet and wriggling around. I saw a woman in the office today with a newborn and it almost brought me to tears - I just am so excited to meet this little one!!
Hope and pray for the best!!
Thanks.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment